Price in GBP
£20.92 excl. VAT
- COSHH Datasheets (1)
What is Dettol and what is it used?
Dettol has a rapid bactericidal effect. Dettol antiseptic belongs to the group and disinfectants. Dettol is effective against different types of microorganisms, such as Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, yeasts and moissures. Dettol solution is a concentrate for cutaneous application in bottles of 100, 250, 500, 1000, 5000 and 25 000 ml. Not all pack sizes may be marketed. What you need to know before using Dettol: Do not use Dettol with hypersensitivity to phenolic antiseptics. Be careful with Dettol in the following cases: Dettol is for external use only. The use of Dettol undiluted on the skin and, in particular, face, mucous membranes and eyes can cause irritation and should be avoided. Dettol if swallowed, then rinse the mouth, drink plenty of water and seek medical attention. Try to avoid vomiting. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with water and consult a doctor. If signs of hypersensitivity, discontinue use immediately. Consult your doctor if any of these statements apply to you, or has been the case in the past. What should you do if you use too much Dettol? When Dettol is swallowed, it can cause irritation of mucous membranes mouth, throat and digestive tract. Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea may occur. Irritation of the mouth and throat can cause a buildup of fluid in the larynx (laryngeal edema) and difficult breathing. If Dettol was swallowed, then rinse the mouth, drink plenty of water and seek medical attention. Try to avoid vomiting. If you have used too Dettol, contact your doctor or pharmacist.